Monday, April 20, 2015

Short Reviews

 
Here are some short reviews, as mentioned in the title.  Before I knew what reviews were, whenever I was asked for my thoughts about a book, I didn't analyze everything (like I sometimes do now), I literally just word vomited everything that came to mind, which wasn't much (you'll see what I mean).  But now that I have a much better idea of what I'm doing, I'd like to think my reviews have improved. 

But, here are some reviews that a very inexperienced me wrote many months ago...keep in mind that the ones I have here are only the ones I deem worthy of showing you.  I have some pretty embarrassing reviews that I will probably never post up.  I might find some more short reviews and post them later, but for now, I present my short reviews :)



The House of the Scorpion by Nancy FarmerTitle: The House of the Scorpion (Matteo Alacran, #1)       
Author: Nancy Farmer
Read: September 22-25, 2013
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
I have received this book, the house of the scorpian for free through Goodreads First Reads.  After I've finished reading this book...I just want to say that I've enjoyed this book very much...I usually read books more into magic but this change in genre was pretty good :)   ***   Ok, I just read this book again and it was great, again, now I really, really, really want to read the sequel!!!!

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Title: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)       
Author: Cassandra Clare
Read: December 7-15, 2013
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
It was ok, not as good as I hoped.
It was boring till the last few chapters


Mrs. Maddox by Jamie McGuire
Title: Mrs. Maddox (Beautiful, #1.5)       
Author: Jamie McGuire
Read: August 9, 2014
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Inferno by Sherrilyn KenyonEven though it was so short, I was so happy to be able to read about Travis and Pigeon again.
I loved it.

Title: Inferno (Chronicles of Nick, #4)       
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Read: August 23-28, 2013
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Omg, it is sooooo good!!!!!!
I seriously hope that in illusion, nick will be changed back to his usual tall self...

Run To You Part One by Clara Kensie


Title: Run To You Part One: First Sight       
Author: Clara Kensie
Read: September 1-13, 2014
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
I'm really glad I finally got to read this book. It has been on my to-reads for awhile now. Anyways....great book, and the cliffhanger really makes me want to read the next one.
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen


Title: The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1)       
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
Read: sometime in 2013
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Omg, this is the best book I have ever read...and I've read a lot of books...
The story...the plot...everything was just amazing...
I seriously cried after I finished reading it because of its awesomeness


The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. NielsenTitle: The Shadow Throne (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
Author: Jennifer A. Nielsen
Read: May 23-29, 2014
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Lost Voices by Sarah  PorterOh. my gosh.  This book was sooo amazing.  Actually, all the books in this series are amazingly incredible.  There were so many wonderful surprizes. I love the way Jaron thinks. He's awesome. All his ideas were so entertaining.  I hate that this series is ending, even though the ending was perfect. Beautiful.  I don't think there are any words to describe how much I loved this series...so I'll just say that this is THE BEST series I have ever read.


Title: Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1)
Author: Sarah Porter
Read: November 3-6, 2013
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Wow, that was better than I thought...now I can't wait wait to read the next one...


Waking Storms by Sarah  Porter

Title: Waking Storms (Lost Voices, #2)
Author: Sarah Porter
Read: January 9-13, 2014
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
This book was really good, I can't wait for the next one         


The Twice Lost by Sarah  Porter


Title: The Twice Lost (Lost Voices, #3)   
Author: Sarah Porter
Read: January 13-18, 2014
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Omg, this book was extremely good.  I'm so sad that this series had to end.
The ending was satisfying though...


Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Title: Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)
Author:
Read: January 1-21, 2014
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Oh. My. Gosh.
This book was amazing! Awesome! Incredible!
Supernaturally by Kiersten White



Title: Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
Author:
Read: January 30-February 3, 2014
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Ahh!  This book was awesome, I loved it, and I can't wait to read the next one!!!



Endlessly by Kiersten White

Title: Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)       
Author:
Read: April 15-28, 2014
Rating: 3 out 0f 5 stars
For the last book, I thought it was going to be more exciting...



Vengeful in Love by Nadia Lee

Title: Vengeful in Love (Hearts on the Line, #1)   
Author: Nadia Lee
Read: February 24-March 9, 2015
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
I loved that the story had way more than just romance. Don't get me wrong, the romance was great, but the actual plot, was amazing! When I first started reading it, I thought it was mainly going to be one of those books that focused mainly on the very romantic scenes, but I wrong, and pleasantly surprized. So...YAY! :)

House of Pleasure (There Was a House #1)
Title: House of Pleasure (There Was a House #1)
Author: Caddy Rowland
Read: Aug. 16-31, 2015
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

*applause*
For a story that deals with serious situations in real life such as sex trafficking, I think this author did a good job in giving the girls a worthy story.  Phoenix's determination and perseverance was admirable throughout the story, and watching her grow from a (mentally) young and afraid girl to a strong and clever woman was epic.  I enjoyed this very much and look forward to reading the next one.

The Impossibility of TomorrowTitle: The Impossibility of Tomorrow
Author: Avery Williams
Read: Oct.18-22, 2015
Rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read the first one a super long time ago, but either I have a super good memory and was able to recollect everything, or most of what happened in the last book to thoroughly understand what was going on in this book.

We start off the book, knowing that Cyrus, Kailey/Sera's mean ex, has switched bodies yet again, and could be anyone. At first Kailey assumes the worst, her current boyfriend. So she tries to kill him...yikes, I know. Thankfully, she was wrong, and stopped herself in time. The rest of the book was much of the same, really. Just Kailey trying to figure out who Cyrus is. In this aspect, the predictability was...completely unpredictable, and that's quite impressive, to me at least. Usually, I figure this stuff out quite early in the book, so I applaud this one for changing that. But besides all the constant guessing of who is really who, and whatnot, the rest was quite boring...

Eh, this book wasn't too bad, but it wasn't all that good, either. But hey, that's another book checked off my list.    

   

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com