Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Review: The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller

The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller
Read: April 3-6, 2015
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

I don't know how I heard of this book, but I'm really glad I did! I saw it a few years ago, and put it on my TBR list, but I never got to it until now.

WHAT I LIKED:
It was relatable. I really can relate to Maddie's situation because I've been there, in fact I still am. Except I don't try to hide myself to the same extent that she did.
It was short! Once in awhile, I like to read a short and easy book, and this was perfect for that time. I got through this book quite quickly, and I enjoyed every single word of it. The chapters were short, which was also good. :)

WHAT I DISLIKED:
Nothing, really. Although I do wish the book was longer, so that I'd have more awesomeness to read. Is there a second one, I sure hope there is, if not, this ending was good. :)

STUFF:
I didn't know whether to put this in the LIKE section or the DISLIKE section, so I'll put it here: At times in the book, I was literally shaking my head at Maddie's decisions. Right from the first lie she told, I knew this would end up a disaster, but as it progressed, and I got to learn more about the characters, I understood why she made the choices that she did, but that didn't mean they were any less stupid...

Anyways, great book, I think I might even look for another book by this author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com