Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Review: Instinct (Chronicles of Nick, #6) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Instinct by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Read: May 15-20, 2015
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Another wonderful masterpiece from one of my most favourite authors. YIPPEE!

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:
"Zombies, demons, vampires, shapeshifters— another day in the life of Nick Gautier– and those are just his friends. But now that he’s accepted the demon that lives inside him, he must learn to control it and temper the very emotions that threaten the lives of everyone he cares for. Something that’s hard to do while trying to stay off the menus of those who want his head on a platter. And no one wants him more than the dark gods who created his race. Now that they know where he is, they will stop at nothing to reclaim him. And without knowing it, Nick has just embraced the one person he should never have trusted. The one person who will hand him over to his enemies to get back the life they lost.

Nick has finally accepted his fate, now he must learn to defy his destiny, and the dark, deadly forces that will stop at nothing to destroy everyone he loves so that they can again return to the world of man and own it. "

WHAT I LIKED:
NICK. As always, Nick never ceases to amaze me. He is so funny and fun to read about. The way he respects and trusts people when he has every reason to doubt them. The way he handles every situation with his signature Cajun snarky attitude and wit. It's all just so awesome. My words don't do him justice. You won't understand until you read the book. So read the book, please? You won't regret it. :)

THE NEW CHARACTERS. There were some new characters in this story, and I loved them. Not as much as Nick, but still. Even though some characters weren't present until the book was almost finished, I still feel like I got to know them quite a bit. Usually, when a character in a 350 paged book is introduced approximately 60 pages before the book ends, I know next to nothing about them. Maybe it's just me, but I thought the new characters, were wonderful additions to the book, despite the fact that they were so lately introduced.

WHAT I DISLIKED:
Ooooh, this is so hard. Nick is perfect, even with his flaws, and so are all the other characters.

I think the one negative thing I have to say about this is that it didn't quite reach my expectations. Granted, my expectations were astronomically high, but that's only because the previous book was awesome. I expected this book to be every bit as awesome as before, and more, but it was just OK. Don't get me wrong, the book was still magnificent, but compared to the last book...not as much. But this is such a minor thing, so don't let this deter you from reading it.

JUST A THOUGHT:
I can't believe it took me this long to realize it, but, have you noticed that all the titles in this series start with the letter "I"?
Cool, right? I wonder how many more different "I" words she'll find, and inevitably make that word so much better?

Like all the other books before this one, reading this book makes me want to read the next book very soon. I can't believe that there will be a total of 14 books in this series. This fact makes me unbelievably happy...but, that would mean, I'd have to wait years until I can finish this series.
I can't wait for the next book, Invision, it's supposed to be coming out on April 8th, 2016! So, so excited! I just hope I will remember where this book left off when I start it.

This series is going to be epic, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com