Friday, February 12, 2016

Review: Poet Robot by E.I Wong

Poet RobotRead: Feb. 2-8, 2016
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Pages: 124
Genre: humour
Expected publication: April 20th 2016

Blurb from Goodreads (okay...not really a blurb, just some information I found about the book...):

"a collection of humor, poetry and short stories from E.I. Wong's blog, "A Narcissist Writes Letters, to Himself." "

Hmm...I guess I should start off by saying that I wasn't expecting much from this book when I decided to request this book (although I was pleasantly surprised when I got an email saying I won)...which can be a good thing....and in this case...it is.  But aaanyways...like my 3 star rating said...I liked this book...wow...this review seems kinda pointless now...but...hmm.
*also...I received an autographed copy!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I found myself laughing at times (yay), and was really quite relieved when reading this book didn't require much brain power...it was purely...just for fun.  I liked how most of the poems and stories were short and sometimes...meaningless...so no deeper thinking was required! 

The one thing that I didn't like so much...was one of the last few stories...it dealt with religion...and kinda poked fun at it...being Christian...I hated myself for laughing at some of it...it was wrong of me...but I couldn't help myself...oh wells...a warning would be nice?  Although the title...the title would have incited too much of my curiosity (who wouldn't care for a little something...err...nevermind, scratch that...)for me to pass it up anyway...so...I lose either way...?  Hmmpph.

Despite my one minor-ish complaint...besides the minor...err...references to...err...adult stuff...this book was definitely enjoyed by me.  I smiled to myself quite a bit...the book was far from formal (aha, yes!  This is my excuse!  This review of mine is kinda pointless and meaningless because this book was written in such an informal way...yes, that is my excuse...)...even the copyright and other boring stuff you usually see repeated in books was altered in a hilarious way!  You know what...?  3...point 5 stars! 

Have you ever read anything that offended you?  Or laughed at something you couldn't help but laugh at?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com