Sunday, May 22, 2016

Review: Mythic Misadventures Series by Carolyn Hennesy

I started reading this series a long...LONG time ago.  Unfortunately, I didn't write reviews back then...or documented when I started and finished reading them.  All I remember is that I read them before

*sigh*

Oh well...

So...from the beginning to end...we have...Pandora Gets Jealous....to....Pandora Gets Frightened.  All great books...I also rated them all a solid 4 stars.  HUH.


Anyways...so, to summarise the series...Pandora, aged 13, brings the infamous box of evils to school for a project.  Accidents happened, and tada!  The box was opened, unleashing all kinds of evils out into the world.  Evils like...jealousy, anger, greed, and fear.  Yep, all these nasty things were let out into the world.  And Pandora was called to catch them all, and put them back in the box.  



Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures #6)
Read: April 9- 20, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Pages: 304
Review:
All right...considering that I read the last few books in this series a few years ago, I was pleasantly surprised that I still thoroughly enjoyed this. 

I loved the greek and roman mythology, this book gave the gods and goddesses a much more entertaining role.

Knowing that this book was geared toward...younger readers...I still adored it. It was a fun, relaxing read.

Okay, the one thing I HAVE to mention...I was so, super duper, annoyed with one character: Rufina. Oh my goodness, she's worse than my brother...and my brother is really bad. Not only is she incredibly demanding and unfair...she's also just plain mean. I honestly couldn't stand her. It's been a long time since I've hated a character so much.

Oh, and I loved Pandora as much as I hated Rufina. Pandora has such great and admirable qualities...and ohmygoodness, that ending! 

Okay! Six books down, one more to go! I even have the last one in my possession so I can get right on to reading it instead of waiting another few years! Yay!



Pandora Gets Frightened (Mythic Misadventures #7)Read: April 24-May 05, 2016
Rating: 4 stars
Pages: 320
Review:
Woo! The last book in this amazing series!

Oh, where do I start?

From the distinct characters to the fascinating mythology...I enjoyed every second of it. I loved how Pandora, Iole, and Alcie continued to grow in maturity even after the sixth book. Again, the personalities the deities adopted were so much fun to read. From the bubbly Persephone, to the mean and annoyingly obnoxious Queen Hera, and everything in between.

And, oooh! The ending was fabulous! The way Pandora handled herself...the way she proved herself...it was awesome! Now, by ending, I mean the completion of Pandora's quest. Not the actual ending.

The last few pages...oh! I guess it could be considered a cliffhanger...but THIS IS THE LAST BOOK! So...no! That was....ugh. WHY?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woo! Thanks for your comment!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com